Tuesday, July 23, 2013

goals

Three of my friends and I have decided to do a competition {cash money is involved} to motivate us to live healthier life styles.  It was my friend Erin's idea and it's be so much fun.  We've been at it a week and even though I'm not perfect at it, I'm having fun.

Some of the things we are striving to do each day include

--journaling {hence my daily blog posts}
--drinking 64 oz of water
--30 minutes of exercise
--reading uplifting material for 15 minutes a day
--getting fruits and veggies
--not eating after 8pm
--and a few others

Erin's idea came at a perfect time for me.  Since Elise turned one yesterday, I am off the hook for providing breast milk {!!!!!} so I started doing Take Shape for Life.  I have felt so in control of my diet because TSFL provides shakes, bars, soups and other meals that are insanely convenient and packed with nutrients.  After a week I'm down a pound and feeling good.

I've also been doing Jamie Easons LiveFit program via bodybuilding.com.  I'm in Phase 1 which means I'm doing no cardio but rather focusing on weight training so my body can burn more calories at rest.  I love weight training and can feel a difference more than I can see one.  Which works for me!

Life is more fulfilling for me when I have set goals for myself.  I feel like I have direction and each day is a little more well-rounded and productive.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment