Tuesday, July 16, 2013

life as we know it.

This time of our life is full of change, adaption, growth and learning.  A little update on what we are up to:

--Taylor is going to school at BYU and his is studying Economics.  It is so. much. math.  I didn't know Taylor was so mathematically literate when I married him.  It's a pleasant surprise and will prove useful when our kids start needing help with anything above 3rd grade math.  "Wait until dad gets home.  I never really learned that..."

--When Taylor isn't studying at BYU he is selling pest control.  We subleased our apartment in Provo to move to Sacramento for four months.  It's intense out here with long hours, draining weeks and lots of needs that need to be met.  But in all the ways it's difficult it's twice as good.  We love the families we are out here with.  We love the money he is able to make so that he doesn't have to work while he is in school.  We love that we get to live in California...for free.  We love that our best friends live above us and our siblings {Morgan and Jared and baby Chase} get to be here with us.  And we love all the things we get to learn through this extreme summer.  We love being here.

--I spend my days with Elise and the girls I live out here with.  My most favorite thing to do is visit and re-visit all the thrift stores in the Sacramento area.  They are plenty.  I sift through the children's books and find favorites that I grew up reading, classics I learned about in my education classes, and ones that just look fun.  I read lots of books to Elise and I get sick of the really basic, repetitive stories. And when they are .25-1.00...it's a cheap hobby that truly brings me joy.  It takes me back to my childhood and makes me so excited to enrich Elise's.  Here are a few of my favorites that I found {if you haven't read them--you should}, all at a Goodwill/DI for less than $8.


That's all for now.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment