Wednesday, July 17, 2013

little miss independent

My baby is now a toddler and that happened really fast.  Freakishly fast.  She has personality oozing out of her and she has opinions!  She has made it very clear to me that baby food from a spoon is old news.  The last few weeks meal time has turned in to a World War and I was getting really, really frustrated.  So yesterday, at breakfast, I had had it.  I put some cheese and grapes in front of her and she absolutely loved feeding herself. (I gave her finger food quite a bit before but I got frustrated picking up soggy bananas and crusty-who-knows-what)  But this time, wow, this time she was ready to feed herself and she ate great!  Then lunch came and she got grapes and cheese again.  And then dinner..grapes and cheese and some left over pizza (green peppers, onions, olives and all) and she loved the pizza.  After I put her to bed though, I couldn't help but think grapes and cheese are great but let's get some variety for this girl!  So I scoured my Pinterest pins and found some great baby recipes that call for using up infant cereal and baby food.  Here's what I made:

I used my Little Green Pouch to squeeze baby food onto parchment paper in little dots.  Then I froze them.  The result are little finger-friendly baby food melts.



Easy and awesome.  

Next, I used a recipe from Wholesome Baby Food to make teensy-tiny baby pancakes which used the infant cereal.  These are so yummy and healthy for a little peanut!  They are flavored with mashed banana, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.  Mmmm.


These took a little while to make but my sweet friend Erin came over and we flipped pancakes all night long.  My tiny eater loves both of these new treats and I love that they use up the foods I was trying to feed her with a spoon.  

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment